“In the long run, what people think about shepherds and bakers becomes more
important for them than their own Personal Legend” (page 23).
I think this quote means that most people chose their careers by how
much money they will make or how famous they will get rather than
pursuing their dreams. In the book Santiago tries to follow his personal
legend by trying to get to Egypt. The crystal merchant doesn’t want to
travel to Mecca and follow his personal legend personal legend. One’s
desire to make more money sometimes overshadows the pursuit to fulfill
their heart’s true desires.
“But
bakers are more important people than shepherds. Bakers have homes,
while shepherds sleep out in the open. Parents would rather see their
children marry bakers than shepherds.” (page 23) People want to have a
good future. What they don’t understand is, as the book stated, “When
you want something the whole universe conspires in helping you to
achieve it.” This means that if you are doing something that makes you
happy the universe will take care of you. People may think that
following one’s personal legend will be almost impossible but it is
actually the opposite.
I
love the quote “When you want something the whole universe conspires in
helping you to achieve it.” (page 22) I think that this is really
accurate. It also makes you think that maybe there are 4th dimensional
creatures that are controlling us like a child playing with dolls. Then
everything we say and do is already planned out and is meant to happen.
That quote also goes with the idea that everything happens for a reason
whether its a good or bad. All those things will help you get closer to
you personal legend.
To
make sure that this won’t happen to me I will always follow my dreams.
I won’t do something because it will make me more money or make me
famous. I want to determine my future by how much I like one thing or
another. I will do everything possible to achieve my personal legend.
No comments:
Post a Comment