Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ender's Game Questions Chapt. 6 - 8

Chapter 6 – The Giant’s Drink
1. I think that the purpose of this game is to see how well the students at the battle school solve problems. Although Ender made it to the End of the world, I think that he was a little violent. I don't think that he is a murderer but I do think that he has the possibility of becoming a murder. In the book Ender stabbed the giant's eye and through the eye was the passage way to fairyland. I think that the memory of Peter keeps Ender from becoming a murderer. 

Chapter 7 – Salamander

1.Alai said "salaam." I think that this was important because it showed that Alai and Ender were good friends and that Alai was willing to take the risk and show a part of Alai that not many others had seen. The book said that Alai had given Ender a "sacred gift." Alai had broken the rules that he said he couldn't have a religion, and he showed his religion to Ender. This exchange showed that Alai trusted Ender. As the story goes on, they become even better friends and help each other learn.

2. 
The "just living" mentioned in the chapter means the normal life that Ender could have if he wasn't a third or go to battle school. I don' think that Ender has ever "just lived." Ever since he was born he has has been a third and Peter and Valentine have had monitors. I think that Ender wants to be accepted and he doesn't want to be a murder like Peter. If I were him I wouldn't be very happy. I think that Ender will soon find out that he would rather be a normal boy but I also think that there us no "just living" for a but like Ender. I would much rather live a normal life than have all that pressure of killing the buggers.

3. 
Petra gave Ender friendship and made him feel at least semi accepted. Petra helped Ender learn how to shoot the guns. In the book Petra mentored Ender even though Bonzo didn't want her to. Petra's friendship made the other boys not like Ender as much. Because no one liked Petra, Ender was also shunned. This shows that people can be judged just for the friends that they have.

4. 
In the book Bonzo was a very harsh commander, everyone worked in unison and everything was decided before they got in a fight. However his way did get results.Ender learned that to be a good leader you have to be organized but I think that he also learned that good leaders have to be friends. I think that Ender learned that even though planning tactics works, sometimes you have to go with instinct and do the unexpected. 

Chapter 8 – Rat
1. I think that this quote means that Ender shows more potential than Graff. Graff is more of a teacher than the kind of person that actually saves the world. Ender is smarter and learns faster. In a way I think that Graff may be jealous and proud of Ender. Ender thinks of things in a different way then others and he is mentally stronger than other students at battle school, he shows this by not crying at with the launchies.

2. 
I think that this quote means that Ender is willing to learn. It shows that Ender is willing to get help from others. I think that this quote shows how independent Ender to take his education in his own hands. Dink is willing to teach Ender but he wants Ender to learn. This quote shows what kind of relationship Dink and Ender have. They will learn from each other. 

3. 
When endangered by the older students at the battle school Ender and his launchie friends did a counter attack trying to get the door. This response shows what Ender would do in the situation of a real war. If their was a real war Ender would hide he would take initiative and do what needs to be done. I think that the fact that Ender ripped someones ear shows that Ender is okay with hurting other people to survive. 

4. 
When Ender sees his brother, Peter in the mirror he breaks the mirror with the snakes that are trying to kill him. I think that it showed that Ender is turning into the murderous Peter. The mirror represents his reflection and his future of becoming a killing machine. I think the snake represents the people that Ender is leading to do the same.

5. 
The game knows what is going on in the players mind. It knows Ender's insecurities and fears. I think that the game is made to help the player deal with the worst emotional situation. The game may be preparing the kids to deal with having something bad happen to the people they love. I think that the game is also a way the measure the students as to whether their ready to move on. That is how Ender was promoted to the Salamander group.

6. 
I think that Ender is showing that he hates himself for being the kind of kid that teachers love and the kind of kid that could possible kill all the buggers. Ender is disgusted with himself and thinks that the snakes were right in killing him. He says that he is the tool that other will use to survive. I think that Ender wishes that he could go back to his normal life with his family. I think that the people in charge of the school and of Graff are keeping all the smartest boys in space so that they can take over the people on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment