Greta Bishop
02-05-13
Two students get fingers torn off during tug-of-war
Soave, RobbyThe Daily Caller
02/05/2013
National
http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/05/two-students-get-fingers-torn-off-during-tug-of-war/
According to the San Gabriel Valley Tribune two students at South El Monte High School got their fingers torn off during a tug-of-war game. The two students, one boy and one girl, were participating in their school’s Spirit Week Festivities according to the Los Angeles county fire department who arrived at 12:20 PM. “Fingers (were) amputated during some type of tug-of-war,” said Fire Captain Miguel Garcia in a statement. “They were transported by ambulance to a trauma center.” Neither the fire department nor the school has explained how the injuring happened or who was involved. Luckily no one else was hurt. As a result of this incident the school board will be reconsidering its policy on tug-of-war.
I think that this incident is really terrible. I can not believe that this happened. You would think that tug-of-war is a harmless game but after reading this I don’t think that I will ever think of tug-of-war in the same way. I don’t think that there is any bias in the article. This is because it doesn’t contain that much opinions. I am wondering whether or not someone was involved and was it purposeful. This incident is really gruesome but I think that it shows that even the simplest or trivial games can be dangerous. I think that this event will lead other schools to review their regulations on tug-of-war. This kind of relates to the game red rover. Sometimes kids get clotheslined but I have never heard of anything this gruesome ever happening. All in all this event is horrible and I hope that nothing like this ever happens again.
No comments:
Post a Comment