Monday, February 11, 2013

Drones, Right or Wrong?

     In the past drones have been used for everyday use. They can be used to monitor traffic or to take pictures, not to mention the use in warfare. The fact that the drones are unmaned makes it so that the targets are less human and only on the screen. Drones seem to be useful machines when used correctly but are they being used correctly? With the use of military drones people can sit at their house and control the drone hundreds of miles away. The people control the drones like a video game, dehumanizing their targets. I think that if they can't see their targets they won't think as much about killing innocen people. I don't think the military should use drones for war because the people controling the drones won't be able to see the full effect of the actions.
     Recently Obama passed a law saying that it is okay to assasinate people with drones if he thinks that they might be terrorist. I also think that his puts too much power in the exsecutive branch's hand. For example if the presiden sees somebody as a threat, maybe no a physical threat to the country but a threat to the president's power, he may choose that to assasinat them is the only answer. I think that the use of drones is helpful but it can also be abused. In Ender's game they use machines to do things that humans could do. I think that in the end of the book unmanned machines will be very important to the rest of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment