Thursday, February 7, 2013

Video Game Response

     I don't normally play other video games except for Temple Run and Fruit Ninja. I have no problem with video games but I don't spend my time playing video games. If I were to make my own video game I would make it be a story line game where the player has to save the world. They go through different levels, discovering the aliens, making friends with the alien and then saving the world. This game wouldn't be violent. I think that the reason kids are so violent is because main stream video games focus on death and gore. However not all video games are violent. I used to play a game called puppyluv. In this game you took care of your virtual puppy. I think that this game taught kids how to take car if animals. It taught kids to be responsible for their animals. I don't understand how someone can spend a whole day playing video games. To me it seems that video games control our brains, we have to get the next level, we have to kill the zombie. To win you have to kill everyone, the game makes you take pleasure in other people dying. I think the violence in the games reach your mind subconsciously telling you that killing people is okay. I think that violent video games have a big physiological effect on your mind. On the other hand I am not judging other people for playing video games. In way I feel like what I am saying is a little to opinionated and I'm sure my opinion could change on this so don't quote me.

1 comment:

  1. For some those who already exhibit violent behavior, violent video games can be bad reinforcement.

    ReplyDelete