Lying is justifiable if it's for the greater good.
I ranked this as a three because sometimes lying is okay. For example you have to lie for a surprise party and that's not a bad thing. Lying can also have some bad effects too. If you lie people's feelings may get hurt.
Sometimes violence is the only way to solve a problem.
I ranked this as a 2 because i don't think that violence is ever an answer but in some rare situations violence might be useful. What I mean by violence is more physical compromise meaning that they use there body's to talk things out.
It is okay to kill someone in self-defense.
I would give this a 4 because when you or someone you know is in danger I think that it is okay to kill someone. It's ideal that you don't have to kill them but in some rare situations you may have to.
Words are stronger than fists.
I strongly agree with this because when someone says something really hurtful you can feel it in your heart and brain but if someone punches you then you don't feel it emotionally but physically.
Bullies hurt others because they have low self esteem.
I gave this a three because sometimes bullies hurt others because they think its cool or it gives them a thrill to do something bad. But also there are some cases where bullies do have low self esteem and the only way to have higher self esteem is to put others down.
Only the best and brightest students should receive the best education to become a nation's leaders.
I strongly disagree with this because with the best education and support anybody can become the nation's leader.
Revenge is never justified.
I ranked this as a 2 because, although revenge never helps anything and only leads to more revenge sometimes it can help you let go of anything you hold against someone. In general I think that revenge just leads to more revenge and it can grow into something much bigger.
Crying is evidence of weakness.
I gave this a one because sometimes you just need to cry. I think that crying could even be considered a sign of strength. This is because you have to have strength to ignore other people's criticism.
Any action is acceptable in war.
I strongly disagree with this because everyone gas morals and values. Just because your in war doesn't mean that you can forget about your morals. So for example if you see a hurt soldier in war you are not going to shoot him to make sure he dies. I would help him or make his death more pleasant.
Teenagers need discipline and rules because they can't control themselves.
I gave this a four because without rules and discipline who knows what teenagers would do. On the other hand too much discipline can make them want to break the rules even more.
Only though personal sacrifice can someone create positive change.
I gave this a 3 because i think that you can create positive change through personal sacrifice. That is what Gandhi did when he fasted. In contrast you don't have to give up things to make a positive change.
Generating compassion for your enemies is the only way to create peace.
I strongly agree with this because if you want to get along with your enemy you have to have empathy and compassion for that person. You have to understand their motives.
I agree with you I think lying is OK sometimes.
ReplyDeleteyour reasons were really mature and I pretty much said the same thing for the cyring statement! really clear to understand why you chose what you did :)
ReplyDelete